Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thoughts on Carb Cycling

Just to be clear I am a amateur.  I don't want to look like a figure model. Or at least that is not my immediate goal.  I am  just beginning to test carb cycling.  I've been eating low carb on days I don't weight train and high carb on glute days.  While I've seen short term results on my ab (yes!) I found I wasn't getting enough calories on low carb days.  I have not yet mastered tons of eggs or meat.  I'm going to start becoming a bit more flexible on my diet and start listening more to body.  I want to ensure I get enough calories and protein to support my weight training.

On another note, I finally got a sugar craving after 5 weeks without sweets (like cakes, brownies, donuts) and I think it has something to do with the lack of carbs I've been consuming.  I do not like where that is going because I feel like it might lead to a worthless cheat.   I'd much rather use that for a date with my man.  So I gave in a ate some pineapples (big whoop) and I kinda of felt bad but why?? I need to be positive and love myself and body.  Negativity and guilt associated with pineapples sounds sad..another reason I don't see myself competing.

As for the carb cycling, I think I'll just avoid carbs at dinner, except on weight training days.  Breakfast and other meals I feel NEED carbs.  I'm a student! I need energy and brain power.


No comments:

Post a Comment